Thursday, February 16, 2012

Samantha Boyer



Birth Story:

I started having contractions on Monday night (Feb. 6th). I had pretty consistent contractions on and off throughout my pregnancy so I wasn't sure that I was going into labor. After about 3 hours of consistent contractions I started to get really excited; it was the longest amount of time that my contractions were consistent. I tried to get some sleep but because of the excitement (more than the pain) it was hard to sleep. The next morning I woke up around 7:30 and just like that my contractions were serious. We got ready to go to the hospital and as we were leaving I told Randy that if they didn't let me stay at the hospital I would kill someone. He was worried that would be him.

We got to the hospital around 10:30 and the nurse told me that we would have to wait an hour to make sure that I was progressing. I kept asking for the drugs (to every person that came in my room) so my nurse decided to bring in the anesthesiologist right away. Twenty minutes later I had an epidural and was dilated to a 4 (almost 5).

Randy can attest to my complete personality change with the epidural. I was so happy I started giggling. From then on I progressed really quickly and we had Samantha before 5 PM. We fell instantly in love with her.
The before picture. Probably should have taken it from the side.


The beautiful Samantha. The thing that surprised me the most was her curly hair!


Randy was an excellent photographer. It was so much fun to watch him hold Samantha and take care of her right away.





We had lots of visitors at the hospital. It was so fun! I only wish that I remembered to take pictures of Samantha with all of her admirers.

Noni and B


Justin and Elisa


Grandma Shauna


When it was time to go we dressed Samantha up in her first outfit! It was so fun!


Here we are leaving the hospital as a new family! Now we are enjoying our time together!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great story- I'm so glad you had such a good experience! Samantha is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her! Much congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete