Thursday, May 20, 2010

District of Columbia

Well, a few weeks ago (when we first got here) Randy and I went sight seeing. We visited most of the monuments spent time checking out the capitol building and the white house. It was fun walking around the city (also incredibly hot). Here are some highlights:

The capitol building. Randy and I want to take a tour inside. It's such a pretty building


This is a memorial of all the state who participating in fighting in WWII. I made Randy walk all the way around in order to find my beloved home state.


The Washington monument. We have yet to go inside. We hear the view is to die for.


The white house. Randy wasn't all that impressed "It's Small!" :) If you look closely you will see a couple of snipers standing on top of the building. There was something going on outside- maybe a photo shoot or something.


Me.


Randy.


Us at the Capitol. The lady taking the picture said, "I won't run off with this camera!" Funny how that made me more nervous.


More of the capitol.


Capitol.



The following week, Randy and I went to the temple! It's gorgeous outside and completely confusing inside!

This temple reminds me of a castle in clouds.

1 comment:

  1. Cool pictures! Cool places! Cool people! Can't wait to see those same cool places and people! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete