Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life is a Beach

At the end of June I was able to travel to California for a fun beach trip! My grandma Lanie is so much fun and has always enjoyed bringing our family together with a beach trip. We all went to Laguna beach. It wasn't Samantha's first time at the beach, but it was the first time she was able to really play. At first, she HATED it! She did not like how the sand clung to her little body. She wanted to sit in a chair with a bottle and a binky and that was it! But later, Melonie took her down to the water and she realized how fun the beach can really be! Warning: I had so much fun looking at the pictures that I took and wanted to post all.



 Grumpy Samantha in her chair

 Happy little Lindsey

 Samantha preferred to be held by Melonie. She loves "Nelnie!"

 I love this picture...but I look at it and think "where is my mom!" She must have been taking the picture



Sisters 

 Samantha got brave with Melonie at her side.

 And then she loved it!

 Wet sand is so much more fun than dry sand!

 Once Melonie got Sam into the water she did not want to get out!



 She didn't even mind when she fell in. It held her back for about 5 minutes...

 And then she was off running again. She wanted to sprint into the water as the water crashed. She has no fear in water! So I had to hurry and catch her before she made it and fell over.









 Because Lindsey and Samantha are so close in age Kirsti and I try to take pictures with our babies every time we get together.
 Samantha didn't want me to hold her. She wanted to be held by her fun aunt Melonie!




2 comments:

  1. I love that kid too! What a great day at the beach. She really loved the water after she finally touched it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love it :) We always have so much fun together!!

    ReplyDelete